- Born:31 January 1992 (25 years)
World champion Hashimoto Soichi won his second World Judo Masters title in a row as he returned to the top of the podium after a minor blip at home when he won bronze at the Tokyo Grand Slam two weeks ago. The 26-year-old made sure that he will finish the year with number one spot on the World Ranking List to pocket a $50,000 bonus and all the bragging rights at home. Read more
Japan captured another gold medal, their fifth in total and eight medals in total counting juist three days of fighting in Budapest. Soichi Hashimoto was the expected winner, and despite 73 judoka in this category U73kg, still the favourites were able to win the medal. Ganbaatar Odbayar was more of a surprise medal for Mongolia, another one from this relative new judo country. Read more
The top favourite for the World Championships in Budapest in the category U73kg is also the IJF number 1 ranked player: Soichi Hashimoto of Japan. Armed with impressive throwing skills, he is able to throw to the left and right, with equal facility. He remains undefeated this year and all of last year. Read more
No Tchrikishvili, no Matiashvili, no Chkhvimiani, no Tatalashvili in the selection of the Georgian mens team for the World Championships. The Georgians did choose to send two heavyweights instead of two lightweights or U81kg choices. Between Okruashvili and Matiashvili the more experienced fighter was preferred, but both failed this weekend to give a good outlook for the World Championships. Guram Tushishvili was obviously unrivalled in the selection. Read more
Georgia is once again crowned as European team champion. In a super thriller the Georgian showed their depth in the team but also struck at the right moment with the right line-up against the Russians that surprisingly kept in line with the scores and came back each time. Read more
- 19 Apr 2017European Judo Championships Preview U73kg: Rematch of Orujov vs Shavdatuashvili?
- 25 Feb 2017Clarisse Agbegnenou back on track with victory in Düsseldorf
- 25 Feb 2017Denis Iartcev starts his year with convincing victory in Dusseldorf
- 17 Dec 2016Sagaredjo Superstars continues European Club success
- 15 Aug 2016Could we have seen Fabio Basile coming?
- 9 Aug 2016Shohei Ono earns respect with Olympic gold in style
- 8 Aug 2016Rio2016 Olympic Judo Preview Men U73kg
- 5 Jun 2016Nugzari Tatalashvili speaks: disappointed but ready to support