- Country:United States
- Born:1 February 1987 (33 years)
Judo is a great contributor to MMA athletes in general. With our armlocks, jujis and throws judoka have the skills to shine within the octagon. We have chosen eight out of the many fantastic Judoka that will forever be remembered in the MMA world. Read more
For much of the last decade, Ronda Rousey has been the biggest name in women’s mixed martial arts. Moreover, Rowdy arguably established herself as the most decorated judoka to compete in MMA, claiming the women’s bantamweight title in both Strikeforce and the Ultimate Fighting Championship. So, let’s take a look at how judo proved to be the springboard to Rousey’s combat career. Read more
Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a combination of different martial arts practiced all over the world. The main concept behind the game is to combine different fighting techniques that work well in various disciplines, combining them into a complete combat system. That includes techniques borrowed from Judo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, sambo, and wrestling, to mention a few. As such, several MMA fighters today started practicing other disciplines before transitioning to this combat system. Read more
- 7 Feb 2017The ten most searched judoka in the world
- 21 Jun 2016Kayla Harrison: About the Ronda that I remember
- 9 Mar 2016Kayla Harrison hints at following Ronda Rousey into UFC
- 2 Feb 2016Twitter shifting to insta also in judo
- 24 Dec 2015Who are the most searched judoka on the planet?
- 19 Nov 2015Rousey's judo coach Justin Flores: She'll be back!
- 13 Aug 2015Seven years later Ronda Rousey is one of the highest-earning female athletes on earth
- 4 Aug 2015Ronda Rousey leaves UFC belt at Flavio Canto’s judo school